- Expert Opinion student handout
- Print and online reference materials to research individuals’ expertise (e.g., an encyclopedia or steps outlined in the article How Can We Identify the Experts?)
- Definition of expert
- The Beatles audition for Decca Records
- Fred Thompson American Advisors Group (AAG) Commercial for Reverse Mortgage
- Galileo Biography
- Katherine Johnson biography
- Kathy Schrock’s 5 Ws of Website Evaluation
1. Students may complete the handout for this activity on or off line.
- Review the handout.
- Print one copy of the handout per student or post the link to the Expert Opinion Handout wherever you distribute digital files so each student can access the handout.
- If students complete a digital copy of the handout, decide how you want them to rename the file for easy identification later. For example, do you want each student to create a file or will it be sufficient for each pair or trio to share one file?
2. Gather print reference materials or arrange to visit school library.
3. Identify and review online research resources. You may want to post links to some of the suggested Online Resources for students wherever you distribute digital resources to students.
4. Divide class into pairs or trios who will work together to complete the assignment.