- Unbelievable! Handout
- Paper and pens/pencils for K-W-L activity
- Online access to conduct research
- Definition: Statistics
- Definition: Plausible
- Indoor Water Conservation Tips
- Dishwasher vs. hand-washing: What saves more water?
- Rainfall in the San Juan Islands
- Mobile Device Ownership
- Newsroom Employment
- Portion Sizes
- Winning the Lottery
1. Students may complete the handout for this activity on or off line.
- Review the handout.
- Print one copy of the handout per student or post the link to the Unbelievable! handout wherever you distribute digital files so each student can access the handout.
- If students complete a digital copy of the handout, decide how you want them to rename the file for easy identification later. For example, do you want each student to create a file or will it be sufficient for each pair or trio to share one file?
2. Distribute paper and pens/pencils for K-W-L activity.
3. Gather print reference materials or arrange to visit school library. (optional)
3. Identify and review online research resources. You may want to post links to some of the resources you find for students wherever you distribute digital resources to students.
4. Divide class into pairs or trios who will work together to complete the assignment.